Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wake Me Up When September Ends -Green Day

DISCLAIMER : this is MY blog, its for ME to write MY thoughts. Read at your own risk. September is not my favorite month. I know you only want to be supportive, but I've heard every line. ie.- someone better will come along, this will pass, look at the bright side.



I have come to the conclusion that September is NOT a good month, horrible thing have happened in this month. Below is a list that I found, some have been added to by me and some are my own.

World War II began with the Nazi invasion of Poland, 1939
The attempted assassination of President Gerald Ford, by Lynette A. "Squeaky" Fromme, a follower of Charles mansion, occurred in Sacramento, California, 1975
A coal mine disaster occurred in Avondale, Pennsylvania, killing 108 miners by suffocation, 1869
President William McKinley was shot and mortally wounded in the Temple of Music at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York, 1901
Food Stamps were authorized by the US Congress in a program to distribute surplus food to impoverished Americans, 1959
The Civil War Battle of Antietam (Sharpsburg) Maryland; the single bloodiest day in American history occurred, 1862
Cyanide placed in Tylenol capsules caused the deaths of seven people in the Chicago area. The makers of Tylenol recalled 264,000 bottles of the drug. The killer was never found, 1982
The attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, 2001
Hurricane Katrina aftermath, 2005
Hurricane Gastav, 2008
Broken engagement, 2005
Car accident, 2006
First weeks of school, summers over, cold weather starts
other events can be found at aboutfamouspeople.com

I first heard the following song one day, in September 06, while I was at work. I have determined it is the anthem of September.


Now, I know what most of you are thinking, just let it die, its been 3 years. Quit dragging it out.
To this, I say, I'm trying, I need something to take its place. I don't want to think about it because it still makes me cry and I hate to cry.

I went to dictionary.com and typed in 'plea.' Plea just sounds like a pitiful word but the definition summed up how I feel - To ask or ask for as charity - I'm looking for something/one to change my thoughts about September.

No comments: