Monday, September 29, 2008

Having the Best Day Ever

This past Saturday was great. It was the best day ever. After having a sleepless Friday night, I got out of bed at 7am to be to class by 8. Class(Advanced Technical Communication) which is suppose to go from 8-10:30 went to about 8:45 with a small lecture and a fun activity. Leaving class I decided to go grocery shopping, at the Orem Walmart on a Saturday. If you have ever been to this Walmart you know it is ALWAYS crowded and you can never get in and out quickly even at 3am on a Tuesday. Well not only did I get front row parking without having to wait for one to open, but I was in and out in 30min. I did not have to wait in the checkout line, and everything was clean and in its right place. So at 9:30 I was back in the car headed home. Cindy and I decided to have a DI day. We started of at IKEA to get these. Then we made our way up to Salt Lake City to start and work our way back down to Provo. After going to the Sugar House DI, where we didn't find any treasures, Cindy mentioned going to Rodizios for lunch at Trolley Square. I was a little skeptical because I had only been to Tucanos and because Trolley Square had some bad publicity. My mind was quickly changed when Cindy told me that there were Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, and Restoration Hardware stores there. Needless to say we went. Rodizios was great. I did not know Utah had Pottery Barn stores. I thought they were located in NYC and CA, and the rest of us just had to order from the catalog or online. So after lunch we went to PB and I was in HEAVEN. Think of a kid in a candy store. Once we finished there we started our way back to Provo, which included a stop at the American Fork DI, where we did find a couple of treasures. We arrived home 20 minutes before the LSU/Miss St. game started. The Tigers won 34-24 and are now ranked 2nd or 3rd depending on what poll you are looking at. The day was great. There were a few things that I did see while we were shopping that I wanted to try, they look easy enough to do, if you had the time. butterfly mobile. I would pick a different shape/object, more of the idea I like. They also had washcloths in the shape of a pirate hook and sharks. I love the bed sheet designs, and not because they are pink. I also like this set.

Lesson learned from all this: to have a great day just take me to a furniture/home decor store.

6 comments:

Mary said...

AMEN sista'! I am the same way! In fact for my birthday that is coming up, that is what I am going to do, home decor shopping! So fun. Love you girl!

JOHNICA said...

I absolutly agree 1000%. If I had money, my house would be decorated to the 9s. (is that phrase used correctly here? )

Kelly said...

next time you should take a few nephews - then you'd understand why Utah only has ONE pottery barn and they try to keep it a secret!! I won't mention that you drove by my house with no stop, no call...

abbybrossette said...

I was with Cindy and she was driving. And I only thought we were going to DIs and you wouldnt want to come. And it was Saturday, yours are pretty full taking care of 5 kids(jared included) plus a few neighbor ones. But the Sugarhouse DI did have a few play kitchens.

Allison Murray said...

Oh abby...you did not deserve to be lumped in with a blog about the ward. you deserve your own posting!

JOHNICA said...

I forgot to add this.. have you been introduced to the store Tai Pan?