Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Fall is HERE !!! I think this has to be one of my favoriest times of the year. From now until Christmas Day life gets just a little sweeter. Today I went to Robert's looking for fodder, its tracing paper but on a roll for my Architectural Rendering class. I got out of my car, which by the way I had front row parking. The sky was cloudy and looked cold. Its about 75-80 degrees, perfect fall weather, the wind was blowing just enough for a small crisp breeze, it really is a perfect fall day. When entering the store I almost walked into their front display, Thanksgiving items. As I looked towards/walked to the back of the store, where they keep the drawing paper, I saw a plethora of golds, oranges, browns, coppers, deep reds, and a few burnt yellows. I smelt cinnamon, my favorite smell. I was on my lunch break so time was limited, but I knew my priorities, looking at all the fall stuff over lunch. I did a quick walk threw for 2 reasons. I have class until 9 tonight before returning home for the day, and 2 I don't have an unlimited budget. Also last night I made a trip to Cracker Barrel to get some Blue Bell Ice Cream. They too had their Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas items on display. They had some of the cutest trees. They were red and green thick wiggly stripped, they could easily be in the Dr. Seuss story of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I think this will be the theme for this years tree. I want to go back and look in more detail at their ornaments to see if I could attempt to make them. Call me thrifty, but I can't justify $5 on one ornament. I am tempted to go to Tai Pan and Kirkland's. I just love this time of the year, the changing of the leaves, the crisp air, college football games, getting in the mood for cooking stews, and baking treats. Oh what a wondrous time.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

"oh what a wondrous time" How old are you grannie! :) If you go to Tai Pan, go really early. I got my ornaments there last year, but there was nothing left by about December.