Thursday, September 4, 2008

S-M-R-T, S-M-R-T


School has begun, and after taking the summer off I have been slow to want to get back into the swing of things. In my classes I have ran into old friends and that has made it better. Last night was AudoCad. In this class I am the only girl in the class of 23. I don't have any previous fiends in this class. Last night after the lecture it was our turn to do an assignment on the computer. It was simple, we had to draw different shapes and show a basic understanding of what we learned. As I finished before 3/4 of the class (this made me feel pretty cool) a guy came over and asked for my help. This might not seem like a big deal to most, but this is a guy class, a guy major, you never ask the girls for help, basically you never ask for help. So I helped him finish his project and then left for home. It was 8:30 at night and most would have walked slowly out to the car, be out since 8 that morning, just wanting to get home, but that wasn't me. I wasn't skipping to the car, but there was a little skip to my walk. I had a smile from ear to ear. Most people like to be validated, I get the greatest joy when its about construction. At that moment I feel as if I am unstoppable. I can accomplish anything. I'm not just some silly girl, I have a feast to bring to the table. I guess the Lord really does show us tender mercies when we least expect them.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm so happy for you, Abby! You have such a good attitude with life and have a sweet testimony :) I'm excited to see what the future holds for you!