Thursday, June 4, 2009

LaGooN DAY

Yesterday was Lagoon Day for teachers and students(tickets were 1/2 price- 25.00 for the day). Thankfully Cindy, my roommate is a teacher, so we got to go!!! I took a vacation day because I was about to pull all my hair out. Taking a 5 1/2 week 4 credit class was not the brightest thing I have done. We got to the park around nine and hit just about every ride. There were a few lines, but nothing too bad and the weather was perfect. We met up with some of the other teachers at Cindy's school and as we walked around the park or waited in line, some of them mentioned that there used to be this and that, but now its this, kinda stuff. Like there used to be paddle boats in the lake (i would call it a pond) or the White Coaster that is made out of wood, and was at one point painted white has been there since the 1920s. It was a great look into the past, to see how far we have come. From the simple technology of a wooden coaster, and the Carousel to the new air brushed painted rides that defy gravity.

As we were walking through the park and I was enjoying a day off in the middle of the week I kept thinking I am in the wrong major. For someone who lives for summer, the pools, the outside birthdays, water fights, water parks, practically anything outdoors, why did I choose a major that its busiest time is summer??? As I contemplated this I remember that I LOVE my major, I cant see myself sitting at a desk for the rest of my life and I don't know if I could handle 30 different personalities raised 30 different ways stuck in a classroom for 8 hours and then having to go home and continue working and preparing - just because the bell rings, it doesn't mean the work day is over, and for the pay- I don't know but I think teachers get the raw end of the deal, yes they get the summer off if they choose but the pay stinks!!! but then again I could be the shop(woodworking) / home education (cooking, sewing) teacher... humm.

No comments: