Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Taking the guess work out of it

When I get to work and throughout the day I check msnbc.com . Today I came across this article New Yorkers try to swallow calorie sticker shock. After reading this article, I wish they would do this all over the country. I know I go into Quiznos and order a Bajia Chicken sandwich thinking I am making a healthier choice than getting a hamburger but when it comes down to it they are about the same. I think it is a good idea. I know they post the nutritional facts online, but the last thing I want to do when I log on is go and check how many calories I ate and how many pounds I expect to gain. It's just a guilt trip, it makes me feel worse and doesn't make me want to work out. But if I could know, blatantly see what was in my future order, I might stay on track for longer. I might make a more conscious decision to pick something healthy on the menu. On the other hand would this really help? Would we make a more conscience decision, or would we feel guilty while eating what we ordered? Do I really want to know how poor my eating habits are?

No comments: