Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Joy

Christmas has come and gone, the tree has been put away and all the decorations are gone. The house feels so empty. Life is back to normal. Everyone is back to work and schedules. Here are a few things I got this year. This year for Christmas as a family(brossette) we decided to do family gifts instead of drawing names. Like every year it was going to be a "small Christmas" which usually ends up being wall to wall stacked feet in the air gifts. I think we did a better job of sticking to the theme of a small Christmas. I would say it was a medium Christmas. I also learned and can drive better on snow and ice. Instead of a traditional dinner we all had the theme "My favorite thing." Christmas Eve I stayed with Kelly's family (its more fun waking up to see what Santa brought when there's little kids around). Christmas Eve we read Luke 2 and then watched the animated BOM/ Bible stories DVD episode. It went pretty well considering it was Christmas Eve, kids were hyped on sugar and Santa coming. The boys range from 9-1yr. As we were getting ready for family prayer Josh(4) jumped on Jared's back(kneeling over the couch) and knelled. As Jared walked him through the prayer, Jared would as a question like what are we thankful for and then Josh would say, thankful for this and that. Jared then asked why do we celebrate/thankful for Christmas for and Josh said Santa. Christmas Day everyone came over to Kelly's and we exchanged gifts. Manda and Alex had picked me and so here are a few gifts.

Gary Coleman Magnets

Pyrex containers w/ my name etched in them
My parents gave us cash along with a few little gift (its just easier and we get what we really want). So I went and bought this skirt.
Cindy got me this calendar. I know Manda thinks hes a man whore, but its at my place not hers.

Mom made party mix, dressing, and a cheese ball.

This is what I am MOST proud of, these 2 pairs of shoes! I know what you are saying, dude you don't need anymore shoes, but did I get a deal. Originally they were 22.99 and 24.99. I paid total including tax $10.62 What a deal, What a deal. That is $40.45 saved or 79 1/2 % off. Whose the bargain shopper now?!?

4 comments:

Brossettelewis said...

You're place feels empty because you have roommates that are out of town.

Kelly said...

it's not a deal if you spent money on something you didn't need! Ha ha! You could have saved 100%.
Rain
rain
rain
rain
rain
rain
rain
rain
rain
rain
rain
rain
on your shoe parade!

Manda said...

michael phelps is a prostitute

Brossettelewis said...

um, since when did free diet coke (re: pharm $ plus somethun' ) constitute as a need?

A bagillion packs of noodles, yes. Coke and shoes, no.