Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Working out

Lately none of my clothes seem to fit and I REFUSE to buy a certain number size, and I'm there! I think in a way I have one of the same problems that anorexics have....I see myself as one size in the mirror and think that's how I really look. and then I see a picture from a party or something and the clouds part and I think is that really me? But the mirror doesn't look like that.... I think I've got an idea of how I used to look stuck in my head that refuses to let me see what everyone else sees. So when I saw those pictures and the blinders came of it was kinda scary. And I thought back to a DVD that Cindy and I had watched. The DVD is Gabriel Iglesias: Hot and Fluffy - Live From Bakersfield. He is a comedian on the Comedy Central station. In this DVD he has the 6 levels of fat.


Its funny but where do I fall?? So I thought since I got myself into this I have to get myself out and I didn't get this way in a week but over time. I have a friend who has tried Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred so when I told her I was going to buy it she said why don't you try mine first and see if you like it. So I did. I was expecting a video comparable to something I had goofed around with in high school, something like Sweating to the Oldies or Jane Fonda.




So I read the reviews thinking oh I can handle this, I'll be on level 2 maybe by the 3rd time I watch it. I was wrong. Last night after studying a little math I thought I'd give it a shot. I put it in pumped and ready to go. After the warm up I was a little tired (talk about feeling fat) but I thought its only a 20 minute workout I can do this. Trust me its hard. As I panted through the whole thing and thought my legs were going to fall off at any minute I finished the video and felt somewhat humbled but proud that I had finished it. It was difficult but I guess if it was easy I wouldn't get as much out of it. My thighs still feel like jello this morning but that means its working RIGHT??? I'll continue to do this for the 30 days it says too and well see at the end of the month if it was really worth it...we'll if it keeps me from sitting all night in front of the TV, I think I will have accomplished something.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

not to dissuade you, but I was wondering what you had been 'doing' last time I saw you...