Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII

The best part of the Super Bowl are the commercials. Companies pay way to much money for 30 seconds of advertising, but in turn hope to make a memorable commercial and boost sales. This year was nothing less. In between 100yr touchdown plays, to last 30 seconds of the game touchdowns were countless funny and not so funny commercials. There were many applicants but only so much time available. Featured below is one of the commercials that didn't make the cut because it was 'too political.'

What is the world coming to? I know I say I don't like politics, and I don't unless there's something happening that I don't agree with, then I voice my opinion. I love how this positive commercial didn't make the cut but commercials from GoDaddy.com were all over the place. There are practically naked women all over the place, the might not be nude, but very little is left to the imagination. I guess sex does sell. And it being the Super Bowl and ad about Pro-Life really wasn't going to influence the male demographic watching, like a half naked woman would.
But, enough about that lets move on to greener pastures. I really enjoyed Jennifer Hudson's rendition of the National Anthem. She stayed close to the original song and didn't screw it up by adding her own ending. There's something about hearing that song, seeing football players cover their heart with their hand and the fly by of the fighter jets that just sends chills up my spine.

No comments: