Monday, February 23, 2009

(pre)Mardi Gras

So to get in the mood for

MaRdI GrAs

I thought I would decorate my place. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to find stuff, but I guess Mardi Gras isn't a big deal in Utah, my home-teachers didn't even know what it was.


This is the King Cake I made from SCRATCH.- I'm thinking Culinary Arts school after I graduate.


Dining room


On top of the entertainment center

Centerpiece for the table

Once I explained what the holiday Mardi Gras is for they asked, so are you Catholic? haha. I think if you are going to celebrate the funness of Mardi Gras then you should celebrate Lent and give something up for 40 days. Last year I gave up Mt. Dew and every time I grab one I never understand why I liked it in the first place and so I end up never drinking it. So in a way I am healthier because of Lent. I haven't decided what I am going to give up this year, I still have 11 hours- any suggestions? Included are some pics. Tonight is the real party at Kelly's.

4 comments:

DiaNe said...

that cake looks great! Is there a baby inside? You always knew how to celebrate Mardis Gras in style.

You should give up reading large novels. Or yoir shark show.

Ami said...

Fun!
Ok who doesn't know what Mardi Gras is? Where are your home teachers from?!?!?!

abbybrossette said...

Ami, they are from Alpine, UT and Orem, UT. go figure, crazy sheltered Utah people.

Mary said...

Girl, I have that same flower picture in the background! Like I always say, you are so talented! :)